THE STREET PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS
The International Street Photography Awards are no longer being run by Shoot Experience/London Festival of Photography. There is a new International Street Photography Award for 2013 being managed by Fotoura.com. Deadline 12 Feb 2013. For more information see http://fotoura.com/international-street-photo-awards-2013/
International Award 2012
The International Street Photography Award is now closed for 2012. The award will reopen in the second half of 2012, ensure you are signed up to the mailing list for news about the award.
The winner of the 2012 International Street Photography Award is Alejandro Cartagena.
The 2012 finalists are:
- Jack Simon
- Matthew Goddard-Jones
- Matthew Murray
- Colin Hutton (2nd Place)
- Daniel Mueller Jansen
- Kay von Aspern
- Arnhel de Serra
- Massimiliano Cardelli
- Alejandro Cartagena (WINNER)
- Tomasz Lazar (3rd Place)
- Ed Peters
- Aristide Economopoulos
- Ian Hughes
- Dougie Wallace
- Siegfried Hansen
- Artur Eranosian
See the 2012 finalists images.
Buy the exhibition catalogue from Blurb.com. The catalogue includes the International Street Photography Award, Student Street Photography Award and London Festival of Photography Prize 2012.
The International Street Photography Award was looking for exceptional, international photographers displaying a unique style and depth of work in the genre of street photography.
2011 winner Jesse Marlow from Australia set the bar high and is an inspiration for street photographers the world over. See the 2011 finalists for further inspiration and a guide to what defines street photography.
The International Awards are open to photographers from anywhere in the world and photographs may be taken anywhere in the last 10 years.
DEADLINE: Thursday 12 January 2012
Please avoid the deadline rush and upload your entries now!
The theme is simply Street Photography. See our definition of street photography in the How to Enter section below. For inspiration see the 2011 finalists.
Jesse Marlow, Sunday Morning, 2011 International Street Photography Awards winner
Categories & prizes:
• Overall winner
• Second Prize
• Third Prize
• 13 finalists
The international winner will receive £2,000 cash PLUS a solo exhibition in London PLUS an all-expenses paid trip* to the exhibition launch and awards ceremony in London in June 2012 - total value £10,000. Selected finalists will be exhibited in the same gallery and one image from each entrant will be showcased in a digital display.
* See the Prizes page for more details
* See the Judges page to see who is on the panel
* See the 2011 finalists
* expenses paid to the value of £1,000.
The exhibition will take place at a pop venue at 29-31 Oxford Street from 1 to 30 June 2012.
The festival will ensure national and international press coverage of the finalists' work. Winners and finalists will be individually profiled on the website.
(All entrants receive an international £28.95 Blurb voucher to print their own photo-book)
Participants that reside in certain countries receive a 50% discount on the entrance fee.
- You can submit between 5 and 8 images.
- One image from ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS will be displayed on a large screen during the Awards exhibition and profiled (optional) on the LFPH website.
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS who enter will receive a £28.95 voucher to print their own photo-book with Blurb.
- FEEDBACK: For an additional £15, LFPH can provide written feedback by an Award judge on your submissions. Choose the "Written Feedback" check box when you submit your images to the Awards.
Please read carefully through the rules for submission before entering as we do not issue refunds on entry fees to the awards.
Below is the list of countries that receive a 50% discount on the entry fee. Please note that all payments are taken by Paypal which does not serve all countries, please check their countries list for more details: https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/.
If you country is not listed please email us and we can arrange for you to make payment by alternative methods.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Republic of the Congo
- Costa Rica
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- The Gambia
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- North Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- Saudi Arabia
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- South Sudan
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
Jesse Marlow, Skip divers, 2011 International Street Photography Awards winner
- Application deadline: 12 January 2012
- Winners and finalists notified: 20 March 2012
- Public announcement: May 2012
- Exhibition dates: 1 to 30 June 2012
How to Enter:
1. Submit between five and eight of your best street photography images from anywhere in the world.
The London Festival of Photography defines Street Photography as:
“candid, photography which captures, explores or questions contemporary society and the relationships between individuals and their surroundings.”
Street photography is perhaps more easily defined as a method than a genre. The results can fit into documentary, portraiture and other genres, but the key elements of spontaneity, careful observation and an open mind ready to capture whatever appears in the viewfinder are essential.
See Rules for full details and judging criteria.
See the FAQ page for quick answers to your questions.
2. You will be asked to include:
- a brief biography of yourself (max 100 words) and a description (max 300 words) outlining the process and background of your photographic work
- a title (optional) for your work and caption for each photo
- the location that each photo was taken (optional)
- Entrants can be living anywhere in the world. The photographs must be taken within the last 10 years and may be taken anywhere in the world.
Acceptance speech by Jesse Marlow, 2011 International Street Photography Awards winner